This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the personal data handling practices including a description of the gathered personal data and how the personal data is processed. This Privacy Statement may be changed without prior notice to the extent possible under the applicable legislation.
1. Data Controller
Metsä Board Corporation, registered address of the head office at Revontulenpuisto 2, 02100 Espoo, Finland
2. Contact Person
Mrs. Marjo Halonen
Tel. +358 50 5987046
3. Name of the Register “Better with Less – Design Challenge” (“Register”)
4. The purpose and legal ground of processing personal data The Register is used by the Data Controller and its group companies (“Metsä Board Group”). The Register contains personal data of packaging designers and students studying packaging design, who participate in the Better with Less – Design Challenge competition.
Metsä Board Group uses the personal data collected in connection with the Better with Less – Design Challenge competition. Metsä Board Group may also use personal data for mailing newsletters and sending information related to the design competition.
Our legal ground for collecting and processing personal data is the data subject’s consent, which the data subject issues when registering his participation in the competition.
Metsä Board Group does not disclose personal data to unauthorized third parties. Metsä Board Group may share the personal information with third parties which Metsä Board Group has engaged to provide competition related services. These companies are contractually bound to use any personal data disclosed to them only to perform the contracted services.
5. Processed Personal Data
Following personal data:
• E-mail address;
•Name of school (if student)
Personal Data collected in connection with the:
6. Regular sources of information and cookies
Personal data is provided by the registered person himself/herself upon registering to the Better with Less – Design Challenge competition.
7. Regular destinations of disclosed data and whether the data is transferred to countries outside the EU/ EEA Metsä Board Group may process personal data in such jurisdictions Metsä Board Group has presence. In some cases Metsä Board Group uses external service providers to collect, use, analyze and otherwise process information on its behalf. These service providers are bound to use personal information shared with them only to perform their services Metsä Board Group has hired them to provide. Metsä Board Group may also share your personal information to the extent necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
The personal data can be processed within EU/EEA and outside EU/EEA. Metsä Group will only transfer your personal information outside the EU/EEA in accordance with one of the legal grounds described below:
• the recipient country is regarded by the European Commission to provide adequate protection for your personal information;
• we have put in place appropriate safeguards for the transfer by using the model clauses for the transfer of personal information to third countries issued by the European Commission; or
• you have given your consent to the transfer, or there is another legal basis for the transfer under the applicable data protection legislation.”
8. Data Security Personal data is handled with care and in confidence. The register is only used by personnel whose job requires processing of the personal data.
Users login to the register by either giving their personal user ID and password, or by utilizing single-sign on technology. User rights require separate approval from nominated Metsä Board Group personnel.
All data is protected by regularly reviewed appropriate technical data security measures.
9. Your rights
You have the right to:
• access, update, remove and correct your personal data;
• cancel your consent, where the processing of personal data is based on your consent;
• object to the use of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation when our legal ground for processing your personal data is our legitimate interest;
• demand Metsä Board Group to restrict the processing of your personal data; and
• receive your personal data in machine-readable format and transfer such information to another data controller, where you have provided the personal data to Metsä Board Group and where the processing of such information is based on your consent.
You can exercise any of your rights above by contacting Metsä Board Group in person, by post or by email at the address set out in this section 9. Metsä Board Group may request you to specify your request in writing and to authenticate your identity before handling your request.
If you are unhappy with the way Metsä Board Group processes your personal data, you have a right to make a complaint to the competent supervisory authority, who is responsible for monitoring compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
Requests shall be submitted in writing to:
Metsä Board Corporation
Attn: Marjo Halonen
Request can be submitted in person at:
Finland. When submitting a request in person, a valid identification card containing a photo must be presented.
10. Updating your data
Personal data included in the register can be updated by contacting Data Controller’s contact person.
11. Data retention policy
The Better with Less – Design Challenge competition participant data is maintained throughout the life-cycle of Better with Less – Design Challenge competition and personal data is marked as passive at the end of the life-cycle of the competition after which the data is no longer actively used. Any personal data marked as passive is deleted by the 31st December 2018 at the latest.